Do you have good intentions, but never seem to get around to treating a loved one or can’t afford regular evenings out? It is important to have regular ‘alone time’ together as a couple – regardless of whether you have children or not. Preferably not talking about too much work-related stuff, but rather focusing on your dreams, visions, wants and most importantly: each other. A vested interest should be bestowed upon keeping the romance alive in your relationship.
As for buying gifts, it is really not necessary to buy overly expensive gifts in order to be romantic or show your love for one another. The problem comes in when one party sets a high standard, and the other is forced to maintain the same level of ‘purchasing’ behaviour.
Well, here are some great, inexpensive romantic ideas to consider which won’t take up much time, effort or money at the end of each month:
- Plan a spontaneous outing – take your loved one out for the day. Pack a cooler bag and go find a picnic spot or even take a trip out to the countryside.
- Send your partner, regular sexy/loving messages.
- Share a sundae – as silly as this may sound, eating a single sundae with your partner, using two spoons is a loving act. There is something special about sharing.
- Cook a 3-course meal together – pour a glass of wine or bubbly and select an array of French cuisine to cook together. If he (or she) is not the cooking type, find some easy tasks that your partner will enjoy doing with you. If you have fun doing it, make it a weekly thing.
- Make your partner breakfast in bed – this should include pancakes, freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly-picked flowers.
- Remember how you met – go to the spot where you first met. Wear your best outfit and really make an effort. Take along something that is going to fuel your loving flame (like a sentimental memento)!
- On occasion, write a love letter – it is often a lot easier to express yourself on paper than verbally. Your partner would most probably appreciate it more than any other material thing that you buy for him or her.
- Take a late evening stroll – but first obviously find a relatively safe area. Hold hands and pause for kisses. It is the little things that actually speak from the heart.