Thinking of buying a house? Already have a house? Well is it protected? If you own a home or are thinking of buying one, home owner’s insurance can save your investment one day. It is a necessary evil unfortunately. One of those things that you might not ever need but cannot afford NOT to have.
When you’re buying a house or if you have just bought a house, the last thing you might want is an extra expense. But paying a small monthly amount can not only save you from financial strain later on but protect your investment and give you peace of mind knowing that you are covered. It just makes sense to properly insure your valuables so that you don’t have to face handling the replacement or repair costs by yourself. You will probably want to know exactly how much it will cost you and whether you’re getting the best deal. We recommend speaking to a financial advisor about home insurance or at least going to several sources to see what types of covers there are and what cover would suit you. Home Owner’s Insurance can be tailored to each individuals needs and wants depending on what sort of cover you might want and how comprehensive that cover will be.
Lets discuss three of the most common types of home insurance you can get:
- loss or damage caused by deliberate or willful acts
- burst geysers and resultant damage and other perils such as fire or flood
- Natural Disasters including storm, wind, flood, hail, snow or earthquake damage.
- Loss or damage caused by faulty water systems, including burst, leaking or overflowing geysers, water supply tanks, cisterns and water pipes.
- Theft or attempted theft where forcible and violent entry to (or exit from) your property causes damage to the premises.
- Impact by animals, vehicles, falling trees or parts of trees; aircraft or articles dropped from above.
- Breakage or collapse of fixed radio or television aerials, satellite dishes or masts.
- Erosion and / or Subsidence.
Speak to one of our financial advisors today in order to have peace of mind knowing that your home is protected against all scenarios. There is nothing quite like knowing the roof over your head is safe!
This article was adapted for Smart Money and was taken from: https://money101.co.za/why-you-need-home-owners-insurance/